Dear SeaKay Broadband subscriber,
There are some upcoming changes to our business that we need your participation in. Please read below to find out what is happening.
Beginning August 1, 2020 we will begin operating under the business name Happy Cycling LLC and start to phase out use of the SeaKay Broadband name. Beginning this week (7-20-202), we will also be migrating all subscriber accounts who signed up before November of 2019 to our new billing system. Aside from the name change and the billing system migration, there will be no changes to the services you receive from us.
*What do you need to do?*
We will begin migrating accounts to the new billing system this week. This process will most likely take a few months to complete. Below are the steps:
– Once your account is activated in the new system, *you will receive a welcome email*. *Please* read the welcome email. This email contains a link to the *new billing portal*. – Please login to the new billing portal and update your payment information. Your payment information *must be updated*. We *cannot* transfer the encrypted credit or debit card data between the billing systems.
– Your billing portal username is the *primary email address* on your account. Your temporary billing portal password is your *10 digit phone number + your street number*. For example, if your phone number is *7073761234* and your street address is *776 South State Street*, your password would be *7073761234776*. You may (and are encouraged to) change this password upon logging in.
– If you have trouble with the new billing portal please call us at 707-376-1234 and we can enter your payment information.
– In the event that your payment information hasn’t been updated a few days after your account has been activated, we will call you to obtain your updated payment information. In the event that we need to call, it will be myself, Clay, or Kolby that you hear from.
– Once your account is activated in the new billing system and your payment info updated, there is nothing more you need to do. your old billing portal account will be deactivated automatically and your payment info removed.
Thank you for taking the time to read this email and updating your account once you’ve received the activation email. If you have any questions about the transition, get stuck along the way with the new billing portal, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us. It’s been a pleasure to provide service to you and I look forward to doing so for many years to come.
Why the change?
A long story short – Back in 2011 Kim (McNab Ranch Net) and I met and started helping each other out with projects on our individual networks. In 2013 we decided to combine our two networks under what was essentially a co-op business model. Kim at the time, was also working with a 501(c)3 called SeaKay, Inc. to get McNab Ranch Net off the ground. We called the joint venture SeaKay Broadband and worked together, under the umbrella of the 501(c)3 until Kim’s retirement in 2018. Beginning in 2017, I started laying the groundwork for the eventual change and today, here we are.